Journal Burning



In the spirit of minimalism and letting go of the past, I decided it was time to burn my journals.

I decided to destroy them a while ago, and today, due to a lack of fire wood, I decided to have a go. I had a conversation with my daughter a long time ago, instructing her that I didn't want her or anyone else to read my journals (in case something happened to me before I had a chance to destroy them). She said I could have them buried with me. A good idea, I thought, but why hold on to any of it any longer?

The photographs are a little blurry because of the low light.














2001, the worst year of my life, soon committed to flame.

After finding some unused notes and a precious photograph of the kids,
I meticulously went through each journal to prevent the destruction of any other hidden treasures.

I got through all but three journals yesterday. The sheer volume of paper meant that the wood burner just couldn't handle them all at once. Today, the task will be completed.

Freedom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dark Winter Journey

First Home Essentials - A Checklist

My Music Muddle